Now I don't know about you ladies, but often times I get so CONVICTED while under preaching that I am not doing enough in the way of witnessing for our Lord. Then again, w/o LOOKING for excuses... I can't help but attribute my calling as a helpmeet and homemaker (which i LOVE) as a very good reason why I am not out there knocking on doors from sun up to sun down!
Actually this has always bothered me -- there was a time when I was VERY active in soul winning.. bus ministry, the calling program...
As the children came I found myself being able to do those things less and less on a regular basis. YES, my ministry is in the home - I KNOW THAT, I LOVE that and I take the TRAINING of my children in the ways of the LORD very seriously! I am always encourageing my children to be a part of ANY church outreach and they are ;-)But what about MY outreach? I have sat under preaching admonishing us to "GO" .. I know they are right, I know IT is right, yet, within my 'boundries' (again which I am very content in) the DOING of it is somewhat difficult. I honestly prayed long and hard about that .
God gave me my site........ what an opportunity, I'm so thankful for that - because I have done it with the blessings of my family .... AND never had to leave them alone to do it.
On the other hand that is not enough ..... I know that ....... we need to be a testimony OF the testimony of HE who lives in us and offers LIFE to all who accept Him amen? Maybe this will help you as it did me:
THAT'S A WITNESS!
By way of introduction let's look at Joh 14:17-21 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
We find that it is the power of the Holy Ghost to be a witness, it is not a ZING in our life like so many teach. It is a POWER that comes in to a believer AT the time of Salvation. It is the difference of what we WERE and what we ARE now. Things CHANGE once we are Saved...... And by your actions and words people can see or NOT see Jesus! let's explore some!
1. By your Conduct! - You will no longer be doing the things you use to do! It will be obvious that you are a NEW creature..... NOW THAT'S A WITNESS!!
2. By your Countenance! - Your face will look different! You wont look like a grouch, that is being a testimony w/o even a word being spoken! NOW THAT'S A WITNESS!
3. By your Conversation! - ie. your 'talk'! What and how you speak to others whether it be family or strangers your conversations should be 'threaded' with the LORD! NOW THAT'S A WITNESS!
3b. yes there is a part B to our conversation. It can be looked at as a manner of life by definition in a dictionary. Maybe you can't 'say' it, like at work or at the store you visit BUT your manner of life can 'speak' volumes. We should always be doing that which is right. NOW THAT'S A WITNESS!
4. By our Clothing! - Do you dress Hollywood? Looking like the latest fashion magazine? (this goes for men AND women) Is what your wearing sensual? revealing? The Bible is VERY clear that we are not to cause another to sin, Ladies get in front of a mirror...... LOOK at what you SEE, cause bottom line is that MEN do and will. When someone looks at us -- they should see JESUS first! NOW THAT'S A WITNESS!
5. By Control! - This world is out of control! We need to be IN control, our responses and manner from driving our cars, our music, sports, schooling.. ESPECIALLY our emotions! We need to take those emotions to GOD, we need to let the BOOK and promises we find therein control us! Others will see Jesus in us! NOW THAT'S A WITNESS!
6. By our Conscience! If your conscience is bad you will NOT be a good witness because the Spirit of God will speak to you about what is wrong in your life and that will hinder you, Clear your conscience! ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE A WITNESS!
7. By your Character! Something to face is this simple fact. You were born with NO character. When you are 'born again' you need to BUILD Christian Character! (yes, we carry over good traits from the way we were raised/trained as children but not Christian Character) Let's look at Tit 2:11 and 12a: "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that,
See that comma there? that tells us that GRACE is there to TEACH. Grace is not an excuse to sin -- it is there to teach to make God evident in our lives! NOW THAT'S A WITNESS!
8. By your Church! - When people learn of what church you go to they ought to say "Now that is a NARROW church", that's right, you want to be as DIFFERENT from this world as possible! NOW THAT'S A WITNESS!
9. Be ready with a Tract! - That is something that we can ALL do, find yourself a Good Clear Gospel tract and don't hold on to it! Give em away! NOW THAT'S A WITNESS!
All of this is so people will have respect for you when you give them the gospel of Jesus Christ. I guess there is no better way to end this than to say
BE A WITNESS!