Ten Rules for a Successful Marriage
1. You must marry the right person, one you love and one who loves you, and both of you must be in love with Jesus Christ.
2. GIVE and TAKE is a necessity. Let love cover the disagreements which will come in any marriage.
3. Never carry into tomorrow the petty troubles of today. Forgive at the end of the day, and then forget.
4. Don't discuss your disagreements and personal problems with others. You will soon forget these quarrels, but others will remember them forever. Go to the LORD for the advice you need.
5. Try to live within your financial means. Don't try to keep up with some other couple; keep within your income. And be sure to set aside something for the Lord's work.
6. Keep your love as romantic as possible. Appreciate each other. Express that appreciation in actual love and affection in the home.
7. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER even think of divorce as a solution for your marriage problems. You took your vows " until death do us part." So often, divorce never settles anything!
8. Keep your eyes on the person you have married, and don't bother looking around for someone else. Wandering eyes benefit no marriage.
9. Read God's Word and pray together every day. To pray together is to stay together.
10. Let Christ shed the love of God abroad in your heart, and you will be sure to have love for each other.